Swedish Massage with Organic Oils
Swedish massage is the most common form of massage and available in most spas and many salons. The massage will involve removal of clothing and an oil applied all over the skin starting with some gentle effleurage then increasing in pressure with petrissage and other massage techniques. These techniques warm up the muscle tissue, releasing tension and gradually breaking up muscle “knots” or adhered tissues, called adhesions, leaving the body relaxed.
Massage is a holistic therapy that induces a positive physiological and psychological effect on the body.
Psychological benefits may include:
- Decreased anxiety
- Enhanced sleep quality
- Greater energy
- Improved concentration
- Increased circulation
- Reduced fatigue Lessen
- Lessen depression and anxiety
Physiological benefits may include:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Aids desquamation-skin shedding
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
Back, neck, shoulder and scalp – 30mins – £30
Full body Swedish massage – 60mins – £45